Thursday, January 31, 2013

POF. Be Gone!

The first stop on my 365 day journey of finding the man I am supposed to marry was to find a new way to date. I chose to test the waters and try my luck at online dating. A few years ago I created a profile on the popular free dating website Plenty of Fish. That job went under but my profile did not. After finally finding my correct login password, I decided to update my profile as if I were actually open to finding a man online that I was interested in meeting. Like most online daters, I stared at a blank box titled 'About Me' and had absolutely no idea what to write about myself. I kept it short and sweet just like who I am. Once I pushed the "update profile" button the messages started pouring in. One guy wants to meet me, another viewed me. It was a lot to handle. So of course I downloaded the phone app. I figured what could hurt? I know a handful of people that are members of this website, family included, so I figured that maybe I would have some luck of my own. Not quite. Every day for the last couple of weeks I'd receive about 7-10 notifications about a man that wants to meet me, but unfortunately I wasn't attracted to any of them. To make things worst (in a sense) I received just as many personal messages through out my day from men that wanted to chat. And I wasn't attracted to them either! Ugk! Why must I have such bad luck with online dating?! Don't give up on me just yet, I did open my mind and chat with a couple of guys whose profile matched some of the qualities that I'm looking for, but after conversing with them I found that they lacked excitement, interest and just wanted to know "What part of LA are you in?" The two men that I actually had interest in are the reason that I've decided to do what I am going to do... After having a couple of quick conversations with a man that I actually found attractive he ruined everything by asking me one question while we were chatting last Sunday at 10pm, "Do you want some company?" I quickly responded, "Nooooo...that's not my style." And do you want to know what his response was...DELETE and BLOCK. I guess I'll never talk to him again. And the second and final man. Oh you'll just love this. He was sort of attractive. You know, a nice smile and beautiful eyes. We chatted for a few days in a row. He shared something with me that I haven't met in a man in a very long time...the same astrological sign. Capricorn if you're wondering. Like any normal human being, at least any normal Capricorn, I copied his profile name and pasted it into Google. Yeah, apparently there is a reason why he had the word 'foot' in his profile. He has a weird foot fetish! I came upon about five websites that consisted of him requesting to meet women in the park or at their house, to give them the best massage that they've ever had. And must I forget to mention that he's into domination as well. Like, pure whips and chains. I am sorry Plenty of Fish, but it is time that I deactivate my profile from your site. Who knew that I would meet even weirder men online than in person? I feel that when dating online, you're literally digging to find out: What is wrong with you? One guy I was semi-interested in only wanted sex and the other only wanted my feet. So in the next 24 hours, DreamGirl619, will no longer be online. POF. Be gone. I have 315 days left to meet my prince charming. It's time to figure something else out. *Have you had a bad online dating experience or can recommend me a place to meet distinguished gentleman? Send me an email at: porschesimpson@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment